Four Core Values
We must always make sure that we bring these values to life every day, acting with integrity, honesty and respect.
One of our primary business goals is to visually help our customers meet quality standards in any market in the world and protect against risks by ensuring compliance with local, national and international laws. Ensuring the accuracy and validity of the reports and certificates we provide to our clients and therefore ensuring the trust and belief in us of our clients, their clients and others affected by our work are important factors that contribute to our success.
Because our reputation is built on the integrity and knowledge of our employees, we do not tolerate unethical behavior by our employees, contractors, agents or anyone acting on our behalf.
In order to protect our business and our employees, this Code of Ethics sets out the principles and rules governing our business conduct. He helps everyone representing the Company understand what is expected of them and ensures that we always act responsibly and with integrity.
It is the responsibility of each Kavi employee or person acting on behalf of Kavi to understand and apply the Kavi Code of Ethics in their own duties, business divisions and locations.
Failure to comply with the Code of Ethics may expose Kavi, its employees, customers or others at risk of serious harm, as well as damage our business and reputation, which we all worked so hard to achieve. We may face financial penalties, and in cases of serious misconduct, individuals may even face jail time.
Kavi is committed to maintaining a culture in which questions of integrity and professional ethics can be articulated and discussed. That’s why we offer assistance to all employees, contractors, and others representing Kavi to ensure that suspected cases of misconduct and violations of the Code are reported confidentially.
This guide should answer any questions or concerns you may have about our Code of Ethics.
It is obvious that our customers value integrity, objectivity and independence, which are at the top of the daily interests of all Kavi employees, just as much as we do.
For this reason, it is extremely important for all Kavi employees to act in harmony with the Code of Ethics and to actively apply and defend its values, principles and rules. In order to protect and improve Kavi’s reputation as a company, we are all responsible for making this compliance an important part of our business processes and future success.
All Kavi employees have to apply the requirements of the Code of Ethics when making their daily business decisions. We must keep in mind that
All of our employees: Should take the time to carefully read the Code of Ethics, learn about them and apply them in their daily work,
1. Integrity and Ethics (Ethics)
We act in good faith, honestly and fairly.
We definitely do what we promise to do.
We provide services within the framework of clear, understandable and duly arranged contracts and agreements.
We work in accordance with company policies and procedures.
We respect the privacy of business and personal information.
We respect both local and international ethical and professional standards.
We provide the information, instruction and training necessary for health and safety.
We comply with our responsibilities regarding health and safety at work
2. Impartiality and Independence
We provide professional and unbiased service.
We produce reports based entirely on real activity records, in line with our best practices.
3. Respect for All Individuals
We treat everyone as we would like to be treated ourselves.
Always consider how our actions will affect others
We acknowledge and value individual contribution and provide a stream of accurate and continuous feedback on individual performances.
We respect differences, care about others, and do not discriminate on the basis of nationality, ethnicity, age, gender, religion or political opinion.
4. Social and Environmental Responsibility
Growing commitments of Kavi and its employees to social responsibility are creating new challenges in reconciling profitability and responsibility. We all respect society, people and the environment in which we live and work, and we all always consider the impact of our actions on society, people and the environment.
“Always consider our situation from a third party’s point of view to avoid a conflict of interest that may arise.”
1. Ethical Rules Will Be Carefully Applied.
The development and growth of Kavi is based on the main principles that apply to all employees, business partners, subcontractors and suppliers, without exception.
The implementation of the Code of Ethics ensures that our daily work is carried out in the most correct way. Every Kavi manager and employee must know and apply the Code of Ethics.
2. Practices will always adhere to the principles of transparency, honesty and fairness.
Many services; may not be the subject of laws, regulations and similar obligations. In such cases, where laws and regulations do not clearly state what should be done, the principles of transparency, honesty and justice will be followed. It is the responsibility of every Kavi employee to evaluate all encountered situations within the scope of the Code of Ethics.
No employee may act in violation of the Code of Ethics or violate any applicable laws or regulations by claiming to be in the best interests of Kavi.
No performance targets should be set or accepted that can be achieved by compromising laws or regulations.
3. It is essential to fully comply with the local laws and regulations of the countries where the activities are carried out.
The integrity of Kavi comes from acting in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations and similar obligations.
Every Kavi employee is obliged to fully comply with the local laws and regulations of the countries in which they operate.
All activities that may involve Kavi in illegal activities are prohibited. Compliance with the Code of Ethics; Beyond staying within the laws and regulations, it also requires having moral values. However, local laws should always be followed if compliance with or enforcement of the Code of Ethics is a violation of local laws and regulations.
4. Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption
Kavi is fully committed to preventing all forms of bribery and corruption in every country in which it operates.
No Kavi employee may promise or offer or actually give a bribe to anyone, directly or indirectly, in order to obtain a job or to benefit Kavi.
None of Kavi employees can directly or indirectly request or accept bribes from anyone while continuing their activities.
1. Integrity in Services
Situations that could jeopardize independence, impartiality and professionalism are avoided. Such cases are handled and resolved in an open and transparent manner.
Jobs are carried out honestly, professionally, independently and impartially, without compromising Kavi’s approved methods and procedures, reports prepared with real results and findings. Any pressure or influence to change the findings or results will not be tolerated.
Data, test results and all other tangible evidence are reported in good faith. Reports, test results and certificates must accurately reflect actual findings, professional opinions and results obtained. Thanks to these processes and controls, integrity is ensured in its services.
“We provide professional, independent and impartial service.”
2. Integrity in Documents and Information
Every employee of Kavi is personally responsible for all the information and documents they provide, such as reports, test results and certificates. All Kavi employees are obliged to ensure that such information and documents that they share with customers outside the company, through IT systems within the company or outside the company, contain reliable, true and complete information.
“Access to inside information imposes obligations.”
“Each and every employee of Kavi is personally responsible for the integrity of all documents and information they provide.”
3. Prevention of Bribery and Corruption
Pursuant to Kavi’s anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies and procedures:
All Kavi employees declare that it is forbidden to offer or accept bribes or to give direct or indirect bribes during their activities.
Improper benefits such as gifts or kickbacks are prohibited.
Prior approval is required for political contributions, charitable contributions and sponsorships.
Gift offer and acceptance, entertainment expenses and other expenses are kept under control
All financial transactions are recorded properly and clearly in the accounting records and accounts, with documents and records.
Convincing any Kavi employee to offer or accept, directly or indirectly, any form of bribery (money, gifts, other benefits), or to do something they shouldn’t do, or do something they shouldn’t, while performing their duties within Kavi is a violation of Kavi policies; is a criminal offense under the relevant laws.
Any form of bribe (money, gift, other benefit) by any Kavi employee, directly or indirectly, in the performance of his duties, to persuade another person to do or not to do something in his/her position and due to his/her duty and position. means to violate; It is a criminal offense under the relevant laws. All Kavi employees are required to strictly comply with this policy and legal laws.
Kavi is fully committed to preventing all forms of bribery and corruption in every country in which it operates, and to enforce relevant local and international anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws in all jurisdictions where it is established or serves.
“We are strictly against all forms of bribery and corruption, and we undertake to fully comply with the relevant laws and prohibitions in the prevention of such situations.”
4. Dealing with Business partners
Through Kavi’s anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies and procedures:
Supervises the selection of all types of business partners, such as intermediaries, venture partners, subcontractors, representatives and suppliers, and monitors their ethical behavior.
Business partners are requested to strictly comply with national and international anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws and regulations; Inappropriate payment arrivals through intermediaries, venture partners, subcontractors, representatives and suppliers are prevented.
Procurement transactions are carried out fairly and transparently.
“All situations that create a conflict of interest should be avoided.”
5. Fair Competition
Kavi competes fairly and complies with antitrust and other relevant laws. In general, competition and antitrust laws prohibit agreements between competing firms on pricing, terms of competition, or segmentation of the market or business.
In the event that companies and/or their employees violate competition or antitrust laws, severe legal and penal sanctions are in question. All Kavi employees must strictly comply with all applicable competition and antitrust laws.
Care is taken to introduce Kavi in an honest and reasonable manner, and that the information provided is accurate, clear and direct. During the preparation of commercial documents, it should be transparent, and Kavi’s strengths should be revealed rather than emphasizing the deficiencies and flaws of competitors. While talking to customers, you should definitely avoid deliberately vilifying, slandering, slandering Kavi’s competitors, and services that cannot be provided as Kavi should be committed. It cannot be said that Kavi is approved (accredited) to provide a particular service without researching it first.
“We abide by the rules of competition. Our marketing activities will be conducted in a manner that is truthful, not deceptive or likely to mislead, and in accordance with applicable laws.”
6. Compliance with Confidentiality Rules
Protection of Information Confidentiality . All information obtained in the process of performing the services must be kept strictly confidential, but must be disclosed to authorized persons. All Kavi employees are personally responsible for protecting the information they have and ensuring that this information is kept confidential by their subordinates. In order to ensure confidentiality in this way, special contract clauses can be included in personnel agreements, as well as confidentiality signature or other appropriate legal means. Employees’ obligations regarding this confidentiality continue even if they leave the job. Everyone should ensure that adequate and necessary security measures are taken to ensure the protection of such confidential information. Access to confidential information is restricted to authorized persons, documents are stored in designated secure areas and are securely destroyed.
“All transactions must be recorded on time and accurately.”
“Some information must be kept confidential in order to protect the rights of our customers”
“Kavi’s intellectual rights must be protected.”
“Employees are obliged to take the necessary measures to protect the confidentiality of the information they obtain while doing their job.”
Implementation of the Code of Ethics
The following documents apply to all Kavi employees:
- Ethical Rules,
- Internal or technical rules on ethical issues.
- Scope of Application
All Kavi employees are obliged to comply with the Code of Ethics. Kavi business partners, intermediaries, joint venture partners, subcontractors, representatives and suppliers comply with the Code of Ethics in all business relationships they establish with or on behalf of Kavi.
It should be ensured that all these parties are aware of the content of the Code of Ethics that we have explained here and that they comply with the Code of Ethics.
Compliance with Ethical Rules
Compliance with the Code of Ethics is taken into account in the annual performance evaluation of each Kavi employee. Each employee gets the opportunity to provide information that can be used in the development of the Code of Ethics in performance evaluation, training or review meetings.
A Kavi employee violating the Code of Ethics is subject to disciplinary sanctions, up to and including termination of the employment contract. In such cases, the perpetrator has the right to explain his/her situation and defend himself before being subjected to disciplinary action.
If a Kavi employee believes, within the framework of good faith, that a rule covered by the Code of Ethics has been or is about to be violated, he or she notifies his or her first supervisor.
In addition to the normal reporting channels, Kavi employees may choose to voluntarily report certain violations or potential violations of the Code of Ethics, the Handbook, or related laws and regulations.
When making a decision with an ethical perspective, the following questions should be asked:
- Do you act in harmony with the word and spirit of the code of ethics?
- Are the decisions made and actions taken in line with Kavi’s values, principles and rules?
- Would it be appropriate if the decisions taken and the actions taken were published in the press?
- If decisions made and actions taken were shared with family members, friends or colleagues, what would their thoughts be?
- Will the decisions taken and actions taken have direct or indirect negative consequences for Kavi?
- Is there any other alternative?
Here are some helpful tips in case there is a problem:
The relationship to the subject is clarified by answering the following questions:
- What principles and rules have been violated?
- On whose side was this violation detected?
- Was the breach long ago?
- Has Kavi solved the problem?
- Where and when did this violation occur?
- After that, what needs to be done about the situation is determined:
- Even if one is not sure, the existence of a problem should never be ignored.
- The problem should be discussed with the person in charge named below who feels most comfortable.
In case of doubt about what to do:
- It stops first.
- Relevant documents are reviewed.
- If necessary, the matter is discussed with the first supervisor.
When Kavi Expects You to Express Your Concern (some examples)
- When you witness or become aware of unsafe work practices.
- You witness or become aware of inefficient service or product conditions that may harm the environment.
- You believe a co-worker is under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs at work.
- You suspect, become aware of, or witness that a co-worker is being bullied, harassed, discriminated against, or otherwise engaged in inappropriate behavior that violates this Code.
- If you become aware of Kavi employing child labor or complicity in any human rights violation.
- You are unsure about any aspect of Kavi’s anti-corruption policy or the anti-bribery laws in your area of employment.
- You suspect or become aware of corruption or bribery at any point in your work.
- You witness or become aware of Kavi or someone associated with Kavi acting illegally.
- If you are unsure about any aspect of Kavi’s anti-corruption policy regarding gifts and entertainment.
- Concerned that your or someone else’s behavior may be perceived as a violation of this Code
- You suspect or become aware of corruption or bribery at any point in your work.
- If you believe that any matter will affect your decisions at Kavi or cause a conflict of interest that could be perceived as such.
- You suspect or become aware that a Kavi employee has or may be deemed to have a conflict of interest.
- You suspect or become aware of a Kavi employee engaging in insider trading or misusing confidential information.
- If you suspect or become aware that a Kavi employee is making a donation to a political or religious organization on behalf of Kavi.
- You suspect or become aware that a Kavi employee is making a charitable contribution on behalf of Kavi without their prior approval.
- If you believe a Kavi employee has misused a competitor’s confidential information.
- If you believe that Kavi is or may be involved in anti-competitive practices, or you are unsure whether Kavi has engaged in such behavior.
- If you become aware that Kavi’s confidential or sensitive information is used or disclosed to third parties for any purpose other than their intended purpose (except as required by law), or that personal information is used for purposes other than its intended purpose.
- You suspect or become aware of unauthorized, inappropriate or illegal communications.
- If you suspect or become aware of any behavior that may harm the Company’s reputation or financial situation.
- In all cases, approval from your line manager before entering into any business relationship with businesses involving your friends and/or relatives.
- Report any violation of the above-mentioned rules directly to your line manager.